Castle Gardens of Touvet
The castle, built in the Middle Ages, was transformed into a pleasure castle in the 18th century. Inhabited and preserved by the same family for 500 years, its visit allows us to go back in time, to find the refined atmosphere of the century of the Lights. Decorations, furniture, and historical souvenirs testify to the art of living of the Dauphiné nobility in 1 750.
The castle’s interiors are followed by a visit to the gardens, animated by the spectacle of living water in the Italian-style water staircase, a masterpiece of 18th-century garden design. The water staircases are listed as historical monuments.
- April, May, and June, every Sunday and holiday from 2 pm to 6 pm ;
- July and August, every day from 2 pm to 6 pm – except Friday and Saturday ;
- September and October, every Sunday from 2 pm to 6 pm.
The departure of the visits of the castle’s interiors at 2:45 pm, 4:00 pm, and 5:15 pm except on Monday at 4:00 pm and 5:15 pm
Presentation of the gardens and water elevation at 2:30 pm, 3:45 pm, and 5 pm.
Animals, even on a leash, are not allowed inside the castle due to the fragility of the premises, except for guide and assistance dogs.
Prices updated on February 2022
- Adult : Castle 9€ / Gardens 5,50€ ;
- 6 to 18 years: Castle 6€ / Gardens 4€ ;
- Under 6 years: free ;
- Family 2 adults + 2 children: 24€ for both ;
- Students : Castle 7€ / Gardens 5€ ;
- Group above 10 people : 7€ / person for both, 5€ / person for gardens.